Alex and Maddy

Alex and Maddy

Thursday, September 2, 2010

So Frustrated!

That has been the most exasperating day! We arrived at the hospital at 9 Am to be direct admitted. The plan was to TPA the port to try and get it functioning again and reassess his tube to determine whether he needed surgery. We never got a room until 3:00. Alex and I then sat and waited as the hours ticked away to see a surgeon. At 7:00 the surgeons finally came to write orders and left without ever speaking to me. Our nurse came in and told me that they would not write orders for the TPA. The orders were to stop feeds at midnight. We will head to the OR tomorrow and they will remove the tissue around his tube, replace the tube, and take care of the port. I have been trying to get clarification on if the port is being replaced or what will happen, but I cannot get answers tonight. From what the nurses have been told, the surgeon wants to assess the port when they are down there. I will not sign consent until I speak to Dr. Tsao and get a better feel for what is going to happen. In the meantime, Buggy had to be stuck to get labs because they have to check his clotting and blood counts before tomorrow.
Please keep Bug in your prayers tomorrow and I will update when I get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Hang in there Ali! Praying that tomorrow goes double-smoothly to make up for today's frustrations.