Alex and Maddy

Alex and Maddy

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Why can't it be easy?????

So while I came in believing wholehearte​dly that we were only going to be here a few days, My Bug is NOT cooperating!!!!​

He had increasing stomach pain last night and started leaking out bile all around his Jtube. After some discussion with the on call docs we decided we should also drain his jtube like we do with the gtube. We are checking electrolyte​s and replacing as needed. The problem is that we had hoped to attempt to restart feeds today or tomorrow. That is a lot less likely if we have to drain the Jtube.

On top of that Alex respiked a fever overnight which leads to more labs and cultures to be sure he is doing okay. And at least 48 more hours here.

The good news is that Alex is a little more himself this morning and the dizzy spells have subsided since we started the new medication.​

After 2 nights of pretty good sleep (as good as you can in a hospital) I am doing okay.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment