WOOHOO!!!!! The ileus is gone! We are so excited. The plan is to start sugar water at 5 cc/hr tomorrow morning.
We have had a great day. Our only complaint today has been some major irritation around Alex's Jtube. Alex has been leaking bile around his Jtube for days now and the skin is red and burned. We are keeping a lubricant/barrior on it and gauze, but he is very sore. Other then that feeling good all around.
Very specific prayers needed:
1. For our pancreas enzymes to stay low.
2. For the leaking around the Jtube to be minimal.
3. For a slowdown in our bile output.
4. For our itching to stay under control.
5. For Alex's skin around his Jtube to heal.
6. For us to be able to increase our feeds each day so we can get off TPN and go home.
A special thank you to our "new" friend Kristin. Kristin is someone I have "talked" to online for a few years. She moved to Houston a few weeks ago and spent the afternoon with Alex and I yesterday. Having some adult companionship was such a nice treat. (And homemade muffins are just as nice!!!) We can't wait to see you again.
We are so blessed to be surrounded by friends and family who love and support us. Thank you for lifting our spirits and keeping us in your prayers.