Alex and Maddy

Alex and Maddy

Friday, February 20, 2009

Sorry for the lack of updates...M​y computer is once again acting up.

The last two days have been a rollercoast​er. After my last update Alex started to struggle. he kept saying his belly hurt and he was asking to be vented. Wednesday night he tossed and turned in pain until 2:00 in the morning. Yesterday we bumped him up to 10 cc's an hour and continued to struggle. Dr. koenig asked us to stop venting him and try and push through, using pain meds if necessary. We needed a few doses of pain meds, but last night was better.

Toda​y Alex stayed at 10 cc's an hour and had a great day. His belly did not start bothering him until bedtime. Tomorrow we are planning on trying 75% sugar water and 25% formula at 10 cc's per hour. We will see how it goes.

My frustration level is pretty high at this point. Alex was doing great on j tube feeds before his pancreatiti​s. I feel like we are trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason by trying to feed into the G. We could get through a few days only to learn this won't work and have to place a J tube and start again. I am also struggling with giving him painkillers in order to tolerate feeds. I feel like if we are struggling so much on such a small amount of sugar water how likely are we to get on full strength formula. We are also waiting to see how him pancreas holds up when we start the formula.

I am hoping I can give a good update tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment