What a roller coaster this stay has been!
Alex had a horrible night. He did not sleep at all. His back hurt and he tossed and turned and cried. He also had a fever all night. It ranged between 100.6 and 101.7. He woke up this morning and was really puny. He just wanted to lie in bed and cuddle with me. We spent the whole morning watching videos and lying around. His cultures have all been negative so we are leaning towards a viral infection, but he is on 2 strong antibiotics to be sure we are covering our bases. His temp satyed up in the 101 range all morning and I was starting to think we were never going to turn the corner.
Dr. Koenig came over around 11:30 and cured him! It's official she can perform miracles. He perked up as soon he saw her. We took his temp while she was there and it was the lowest it has been since Sunday. So the plan for now is to attempt some very slow feeds into his tube. (We can not wait any longer as he has not had ffeds since Sunday and he is down to 31.5 lbs) If his fever returns we will draw labs and reevaluate the feed situation. Hopefully he will remain fever free.
We are still praying to get out of here, go home, and repack in time to get on the plane Wednesday to head to Florida. The doctors will not commit one way or the other. Today will be telling.
As always please keep Bruce's job search and our insurance situation in your paryers. Bruce has seen a definite increase in the volume of calls and interviews he is receiving. We remain hopeful the perfect job is within grasp.