Alex and Maddy

Alex and Maddy

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Poor Bug has not been feeling great today.

We had an okay night. We were up a couple times because his temperature was 93.2 and the tech was worried. It was clear pretty early this morning that he really wasn't doing well. He woke up with a fever and was holding him self very still. Any little movement was causing his head to pound. We were thinking we were going to have to put him through another procedure with anesthesia tomorrow to try and correct the leak of spinal fluid (that was causing the headache). BUT...this afternoon he is feeling a little better. He is still complaining of a little pain, but he is attempting to sit up for short periods. So we are hopeful the leak is healing on its own.
We also spoke to Dr. Koenig about the seizure he had yeasterday. We are going to have to limit the number of times under anesthesia. We were also hoping to do another 24 hour EEG while we are here to see if the shaking feeling he has been having is actually more seizure activity. Unfortunate​ly it doesn't look like we can get it done.
So we have not started feeds yet as we are waiting for his temperature to come down. We also need to be sure that he will not need the other procedure tomorrow.
Hopefully, we will have a good night and be on our way to recovery!
Al​i

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry about your health. Its better to take good health and rest.

    ReplyDelete