After a VERY long night, we are finally settled in! We got to the ER around 8:00. Normally we are shuffled through pretty quickly, but because Dr. Koenig is out of town that did not happen last night. WE never got to a room until 2 Am and the last doctor didn't leave our room until 4. So I am exhausted! Luckily, Alex fell sound asleep at 9 in the ER and never woke up till 8:30 this morning.
This is what we know so far...Alex has an ileus (his intestines are distended and full of air). The initial thought was that we needed to stop feeds. After reassessing we have decided to leave feeds running unless surgery tells us we have to stop them. Our fear is that if we stop feeds, we may not get them going again. There is alos an infection at the tube site. It may be cellulitis it may be an abcess. We are doing an ultrasound to see and will be starting antibiotics. We are still waiting on surgery to come assess the position of the tube.
I will keep updating as we know more.