Alex and Maddy

Alex and Maddy

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Change of Plans

How quickly plans change. Alex was supposed to be admitted to Cook Children's today to prepare for a number of procedures/surgery to be done under anesthesia tomorrow. Yesterday morning Alex woke up with a sore throat, cough and low grade temp. By afternoon his temp was up to 101.7.  We went and saw our pediatrician yesterday afternoon. Alex has strep throat. It was nice to get an easy, clear cut answer. Talks were already in progress that if if Strep, flu and rsv were negative we would need to be admitted to rule out a line infection. I have called the GI, but am awaiting a return call. It was Dr. Benzick and Dr. Koenig's recommendation that his procedures be cancelled, however Dr. O will have the final call.
Alex is doing okay. He obviously doesn't feel well. His temp was up to 103.2 last night. He is dizzy so he can't sit or stand. His nose is really stuffy, so wearing his oxygen is tricky, but he is hanging in there. Hoping a few doses of antibiotics will have him up and playing in no time.
Ali

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Alex!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard from you for a while. I hope Alex is feeling much better and you have just been busy.

    ReplyDelete