We leave tomorrow morning... The craziness never ends! We got back the bloodwork we have beem waiting on. They found 2 mutations and 33 polymorphisms or changes on Alex's mitochondrial DNA. The next step is to test my blood. If I come back with the same changes then it is conclusive that these are the changes causing Alex's mito. One of the mutations has been seen before which is important because it might help Dr. Koenig know which organs are more likely to be effected. We have to head back to Houston as soon as we get back from NC. We will sit down with Dr. K so she can explain more of this to us. We will also see the GI, immunologist and have the Gastric emptying scan. At that point we will make a definite decision on the surgery.
I will update from NC.