Alex and Maddy

Alex and Maddy

Monday, August 12, 2013

A "restful" 2 weeks

Wanted to get out a quick update...

About 2 weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with my entire abdomen feeling really tight. I was extremely uncomfortable. I could not get comfortable despite trying numerous positions in bed, on the couch, taking a bath, walking, etc. Nothing would relieve the tightness. The following morning I called my ObGyn who insisted I come in. He confirmed that I was having contractions. He put me on strict bed rest for 4 days and started a medication to stop contractions for 72 hours. We were both relieved that at least I was not dilating. I had to go back in the following day to be seen again and do an ultrasound to make sure Maddy still looked "happy"! I was feeling much better by the following day and Maddy looked great. She weighed approximately 1 lb 10 oz which is the 40%.

Maddy at 26 weeks
I had the best care a girl could ask for as my sweet boy was so helpful and Mia cuddled with me on the couch for days. Since then I am doing better, but am having to take it easy. I can definitely tell when I am doing too much as the contractions start and I wind up with really swollen feet and ankles. So I am trying to behave and spend a chunk of each day on the couch with my feet up. I cannot tell you how incredible Alex has been. he has spent long hours entertaining himself and taking care of Mia so I don't have to go up and down the stairs. I am really proud of the maturity he has shown in knowing how imprtant it is that we take care of his little sister already!
As for my little stinker...We did the first part of the endocrine testing last Wednesday. We were so hopeful that this medication would help our little man get a break unhooked from feeds by keeping his blood sugars up. Unfortunately, he had no response to the medication which confirms that he does not have normal glycogen stores. That has always been our theory for his severe hypoglycemia, but this testing confirmed that. He was disappointed, but we decided it changes nothing. We will just keep marching along as we have all these years with backpack in tow! Originally, they had told me that we would cancel the second part of testing if the first part failed. They have changed there minds and want to go ahead with the second part so we will spend all day Wednesday at the hospital to complete the next part. Hopefully, it will give us more info.
After 2 doctors appointments tomorrow and the testing on Wednesday, we will head to Mimi's and PopPop's to enjoy our last little "vacation" before Maddy arrives. We can't wait to see everyone and enjoy our time with Mimi and PopPop.

No comments:

Post a Comment