Alex and Maddy

Wednesday, June 17, 2026

Summer Vacation

 What a week we had in Florida visiting family! There was so much fun and so many good times and laughter, but also some sadness as learned of the passing of my Godmother. 

I will start with Trishy so I can finish with the fun. My Dad has six sisters, but Trishy was always "my" aunt. Trishy and I had a really special relationship. We spent every Thanksgiving of my childhood at her home in Pennsylvania. She had a 4 story townhouse. The fun happened on the top and bottom floors. The top floor was a loft and I remember me, my sister and my cousins having so much fun up there and sliding down the side of the stairs over and over. The bottom floor had couches and a TV, but the real draw was the dance floor and the disco ball. Talk about fun times! But as much as we enjoyed the townhouse, we LOVED their beach house at the shore. The house on the bay of the NJ Shore was such a beautiful place. We visited so many times in the summers and once I was old enough I would spend a week each summer by myself with Trishy and jack. We would knit and cross stitch and cook and just enjoy time together. Trishy and I remained close through the years. She loved to hear about the kids and always let me know she thought I was doing a good job as a mom. Trishy's health had declined steadily over the past few years and while I will miss her desperately, but am glad she is no longer in pain.
















 While this was a pretty quick trip, because the kids both have so much going on this summer. We squeezed in a lot of fun! Three beach days, a visit to St Augustine, and a visit to see Dad and celebrate his 80th birthday! Love that now when we visit Mimi, we also get to see Dad, Jenn, Jimmy and Skye!























Thank you for loving us!

Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.