What a crazy week we have had! Texas is always known for our incredibly hot summers and we are used to some severe thunderstorms in the spring, but winter tends to be a crapshoot. Some winters stay pretty mild and others send us some winter weather. We had heard this was expected to be a mild winter and through December that held true. we were in the 60's and even 70's. But that all changed mid January.
While Bruce and I both grew up in NY and learned to drive in snow, we have lived in the South for more than half our lives at this point. Plus Texas usually gets ice instead of snow and we don't have the road equipment to handle it so winter weather means we are stuck at home! I love a few days rest and reprieve from our crazy schedule but if I am being honest I don't do well after a few days cooped up. I am too used to staying busy. But I won't lie it was a good break for us and Maddy and I took the forced rest to enjoy quiet time and allow our bodies to recoup a bit. We may also have binge watched some reality TV and ate junk food.
| DBU is beautiful always, but so gorgeous with snow! |
Alex's classes Monday through Wednesday were all cancelled and/or moved to virtual so he also enjoyed the down time that this storm brought. He was back to in person classes Thursday and Friday. But if you add in the cancelled classes last Thursday when campus was evacuated due to threats it has definitely been a crazy start to the semester!
Maddy and I are definitely ready to be back at the barn with our sweet horse and friends and she really misses her dance friends. Enjoy these pictures from one of the talented show photographers that were captured earlier in January!
Ali
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.