Alex and Maddy

Wednesday, May 14, 2025

Summer Break!

 Both kids have officially made it to Summer Break! Our house is loud with the sound of chatting and laughter. While I sometimes miss the quiet, it really is special to watch Alex and Maddy so happy to have free time to hang out and enjoy each other!


Alex finished his semester strong. The last few weeks of a college semester especially for an honors student entails SO MUCH WORK! Alex was swamped with a number of papers and exams as well as end of semester gatherings with his friends, the honors program, esports team and bible study. Alex continues to live his best life taking advantage of so many activities and groups on campus. It is so fun as his mom to watch this time in his life. He continues to grow and learn. The director of the Honors Program and one of Alex's professors pulled him aside after the last class to let him know how much improvement he has seen in his writing this semester. And while I also have seen that improvement, for me, the biggest difference is in his ability to stay on top of assignments and manage his time more effectively. 




Maddy Moo has been so busy with horse back riding, ballet and choir. We also spent time trying to find the best curriculum for us to jump into in the Fall. The last year has been a huge year of growth and change for Maddy as well. For so long I was worried about Maddy and how she would navigate this world as an extremely shy and anxious little girl. But this year I have watched a new barn complete with two beloved horses, a coach who is kind and caring and a huge group of friends and families bring my little girl out of her shell. I see her speaking up and saying what she wants and needs and not being so afraid to open up to her friends. She has auditioned and been chosen for roles in both her choir musical and recital that put her in the spotlight a place she has always shied away from. It is really special to watch this sweet, sassy, sensitive young lady become more comfortable with herself and the world around her. I am so glad that others now get to see the girl I have always known. 

We can't help but love this goofball
Lila will always hold Maddy's whole heart

Maddy and KylieAnne

Mad and Quigley hard at work

We are busy with a bunch of medical appointments this month including a trip to Houston. We are trying to get a bunch of medical out of the way before we leave for Alex's 21st Birthday trip!!! Those are words I never thought I would get to say! And July begins our most busy time of traveling as we start our Horse show season which will go from July till February including trips to Springfield, Illinois, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Columbus, Ohio, Jackson, Mississippi as well as several shows here in Fort Worth. 

This is such a special time in my kids lives and I am forever grateful I get to watch every moment. I never could have imagined the path my life would take, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I am so blessed that we have a village who loves us so well and always support my children in so many ways!

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.